Saturday, April 30, 2011

Failure To Launch

I was thinking today about how fitting it was for President Obama to be present at today's final launch of another Shuttle. After all, I thought, who better to preside over the end of an Endeavor? But I suppose this works, too.

Anyway, that scrubbed liftoff was very much on my mind as I read this piece from Investors about the Reagan Administration's recession recovery and that of 44 (H/T to Instapundit).

I remember in the 80s how righteous I felt as I poo-poohed "Trickle-Down Economics" (and isn't that just an infelicitous pairing of images!). The difference from then to now is akin to that from rocket fuel to corn-based ethanol.

We'll be lucky if we clear the gantry at this rate.

UPDATE: Bad link fixed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Somewhat apropos, check this out. Worth several good laughs and surprisingly instructive all things considered.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I posted this earlier and it seems to have disappeared. Maybe second time's charmed :):

Somewhat apropos, check this out. It's great for a few laughs and surprisingly informative all things considered. Enjoy.

Noocyte said...

Dude! That was fracking AWESOME!!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it. I was quite impressed with it as well.

Mr.Hengist said...

Mike, your comment was filtered by Blogger. I just found it in Spam prison sadly playing a harmonica and granted it a pardon. On the grounds of its not being spam. Stupid Blogger...